Diffstat (limited to 'src/clients/importare/command_line.cc')
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/src/clients/importare/command_line.cc b/src/clients/importare/command_line.cc
index fdb9dc40f..8da5ac210 100644
@@ -80,6 +80,8 @@ CommandLine::CommandLine() :
"Packages installed using importare will not be visible to broken ebuilds that illegally access the VDB. "
"This means that things like 'built_with_use' will not realise that the package is installed.");
+ add_note("Importare is deprecated. Use 'cave import' instead.");
"importare --location img/ unpackaged/myapp 1.23",
"Install the contents of img/ (which could be produced, for example, using 'sudo make DESTDIR=img/ install' "
@@ -107,17 +109,15 @@ CommandLine::app_name() const
- return "The Paludis unpackaged package installer";
+ return "The deprecated Paludis unpackaged package installer";
- "importare can be used to manage packages where no real package file is available. It "
- "treats the contents of a named directory as being the content of the package, and uses "
- "a dummy package name provided on the command line to do the install. Safe merge, unmerge, "
- "upgrade and replace support is provided, as is content tracking for installed files.";
+ "importare can be used to manage packages where no real package file is available. Importare is "
+ "deprecated; use 'cave import' instead.";