|author||Ciaran McCreesh <email@example.com>||2006-07-07 21:34:15 +0000|
|committer||Ciaran McCreesh <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2006-07-07 21:34:15 +0000|
Preparation for 0.4.0
2 files changed, 23 insertions, 26 deletions
@@ -4,7 +4,7 @@ News for Paludis
This file lists the major changes between versions. For a more detailed list
of every change, see the ChangeLog.
-0.3.0 (in progress):
* Lots of internal code cleanup.
* Doxygen generated documentation is much cleaner. Documentation about
@@ -13,13 +13,9 @@ of every change, see the ChangeLog.
* The build directory for Portage format repositories is now configurable
using a parameter named 'buildroot'.
- * .tar.Z files are now unpacked correctly.
- * The 'date' command in ebuild global scope now works with a warning,
- rather than being a hard failure.
* --pretend --install now displays detailed counts ('1 upgrade, 3 new')
- rather than just a raw number.
+ rather than just a raw number. USE_EXPAND flags are displayed in a much
+ more useful manner.
* As part of the test suite, various full installs of test packages are
@@ -29,8 +25,12 @@ of every change, see the ChangeLog.
'profiledir' keys are now deprecated in favour of 'eclassdirs' and
- * Added a --list-vulnerabilities commandline option, mostly for use by
- tree maintainers.
+ * New commandline options: --list-vulnerabilities, mostly for use by
+ tree maintainers; --dl-no-unnecessary-upgrades, for avoiding upgrades of
+ dependencies; --environment-variable which can be used to print
+ the value of an environment variable for an installed or uninstalled
+ package; similarly, --configuration-variable can be used to get a repository
+ configuration variable; --info, as per portage.
* A new repository format named "nothing" is available. It does not
contain any packages, but supports a sync parameter to make automatically
@@ -49,38 +49,35 @@ of every change, see the ChangeLog.
works around problems when upgrading libc. When upgrading and downgrading,
sh breakages due to library version changes are less likely to be a problem.
- * A --dl-no-unnecessary-upgrades commandline option has been added.
* xterm titles are now updated for syncing, similar to previous behaviour
* Syncing via Subversion over HTTP (svn+http://) has been enabled.
- * Use of * with operators other than equals in dep atoms is now a QA
- warning rather than a fatal error.
+ * Improved Portage compatibility: .tar.Z files are now unpacked correctly;
+ the 'date' command in ebuild global scope now works with a warning, rather
+ than being a hard failure; use of * with operators other than equals in dep
+ atoms is now a QA warning rather than a fatal error; PVR and AA are
+ supported, and A and AA do not include extra whitespace; dosym now calls
+ dodir as necessary as per Portage 2.1; elog is available.
* Some log messages include program context, to make finding the cause
of the problem simpler.
- * An --environment-variable commandline option, which can be used to print
- the value of an environment variable for an installed or uninstalled
- package, has been added.
- * PVR now behaves like it does for Portage.
* The repository whence a package originates is saved in VDB. Portage
compatible environment saving is now used. VDB_FORMAT is now "paludis-2".
* SELinux is supported.
- * The behaviour of dosym when target directories don't exist has been
- updated in line with newer Portage behaviour. dodir is now used as
- necessary before calling ln.
+ * Backtraces are now displayed from 'die'.
- * The AA variable is now supported for ebuilds. Trailing whitespace has
- been stripped from A and AA for Portage compatibility.
+ * World file updates are now carried out for packages that are unrestricted
+ except where --preserve-world is specified, regardless of whether the
+ package was previously installed. World updates are carried out after
+ packages are installed rather than before.
- * Backtraces are now displayed from 'die'.
+ * Dependency errors due to [use] requirements now have more friendly error
* Syncing via Git is possible (git://, git+http://, git+ssh://).
diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
index ed35ff9..48ef8b2 100644
@@ -6,7 +6,7 @@ AC_INIT([paludis/paludis.hh])