|author||Ciaran McCreesh <email@example.com>||2006-09-12 13:08:31 +0000|
|committer||Ciaran McCreesh <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2006-09-12 13:08:31 +0000|
Merge 0.6 NEWS items into trunk
1 files changed, 31 insertions, 8 deletions
@@ -4,7 +4,36 @@ News for Paludis
This file lists the major changes between versions. For a more detailed list
of every change, see the ChangeLog.
-0.5 branch (in progress):
+ * A bug preventing recursion from behaving correctly in dohtml is fixed.
+ * Ebuild hooks can now use 'die'.
+ * The eselect news client has several new options.
+ * Portage doesn't always add a newline to the last line in world. We now
+ work around this.
+ * use.conf now supports -*, to prevent inheriting profile defaults.
+ * CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK now recognise -target and -*.
+ * The adjutrix client has several new actions that will be of use to arch
+ and release teams.
+ * A bug in dosym is fixed, meaning that Java packages, amongst others, can
+ now be installed.
+ * Profile package.mask files can now remove entries from inherited profiles.
+ * libdir is now set properly by econf when an ebuild specifies --prefix.
+ This should fix installing of KDE, amongst others.
+ * More sanity checking is now done both of the build environment and at
* elog will now write to PALUDIS_ELOG_FILE, if defined, as well as
displaying on screen.
@@ -13,17 +42,11 @@ of every change, see the ChangeLog.
* Support for CRAN (the Comprehensive R Archive Network) repositories is now
- * Work has been started on a Gtk+ client.
- * Support for binary packages.
* Manual (man) pages are now provided.
* Logic for complex operations such as installing and uninstalling has been
moved out of the client code and into separate task classes.
- * Hooks are now available for failed operations.
* Repository formats are now dynamically loaded from .so files rather than
being compiled in.
@@ -37,7 +60,7 @@ of every change, see the ChangeLog.
* --query on virtuals is more useful. USE flags are displayed for --query.
Sets can be shown with --query.
- * New client: archtool, a tool for developers and arch teams.
+ * New client: adjutrix, a tool for developers and arch teams.
* In key/value configuration files, line continuations inside a quoted